Monday, October 23, 2017

Who is our inner critic, superego, negative animus in meditation?

Can you Make Peace with Your Inner Critic? 


by Kathleen Lisson

I'm still learning about my inner critic. I thought having a voice in my head judging me was very valuable, but it became overwhelming when I first started meditating and it could be there while I was sitting silently. Affirmations can merely mask the critic, who can judge the affirmations I am trying to say even before I say them.

Steve Chapman has found that the inner critic hates creativity. He may have a point, take a moment to consider whether it's a good idea to draw our own inner critic. Not a good idea for a million excuses, right? He has a point!

Listen to my slightly rambling podcast here: https://overcast.fm/+JlsKw9Ry4

Steve Chapman in the inner critic:



My inner critic, a video for runners:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ditch the Itch! B Vitamins and Nerves after Plastic Surgery Liposuction

Itchiness is a complaint I hear frequently from my clients recovering from plastic surgery, especially liposuction. This is due to nerve reg...