Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Too Busy for Cancer!

Too Busy for Cancer?


by Kathleen Lisson

I was deeply moved by a piece I read today about one woman's struggle to face cancer. I was guilty of much the same thing with my skin cancer diagnosis. I didn't tell anyone except close family I even had cancer and only went public about it after my surgery was complete. 

I just didn't want to have the conversations with other people. Maybe I really didn't want to have to have the conversation with myself. I just wanted to put it behind me. 

As a Certified Lymphedema Therapist, I now help ladies who have been too busy to care for their lymphedema. They are angry that they weren't told about lymphedema and exasperated that they beat cancer but now have a life-long disease to deal with. 

Listen to the podcast here: https://overcast.fm/+JlsJQCrlY

Read Elisabeth Finch's 'Redefining Brave' here:
 http://www.shondaland.com/live/body/a12244867/redefining-brave/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ditch the Itch! B Vitamins and Nerves after Plastic Surgery Liposuction

Itchiness is a complaint I hear frequently from my clients recovering from plastic surgery, especially liposuction. This is due to nerve reg...