Sunday, September 10, 2017

The link between Friendship and the Immune System

The Link between Friendship and the Immune System


by Kathleen Lisson


I mention the link between friendship and the immune system in this episode of the 'Swollen, Bloated and Puffy' podcast. This is especially important to me now as I have recently moved and I'm reconnecting with current friends and trying to make new friends at my new condo complex. Why are friends so important?

Basically, more real friend interaction = a balanced immune system.

I go into more depth about this interesting link in my book Swollen, Bloated and Puffy and share the research behind the findings. But does this really need to be a topic for adults? Yes, because after college and parenting, making friends outside of work is much harder. There just aren't that many opportunities for adult friendships. A recent NPR story profiles the importance of friendship in people aged 45 - 65. The NPR article is here: http://www.npr.org/2016/03/16/470635733/midlife-friendship-key-to-a-longer-healthier-life

I know it's tempting to like those Facebook and Instagram posts that say that true friends can stay in tune with one another and not be in regular contact, but it is the regular contact of friends that we most need in our lives!

Listen to my podcast here on Overcast: https://overcast.fm/+JlsIcsGG4


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ditch the Itch! B Vitamins and Nerves after Plastic Surgery Liposuction

Itchiness is a complaint I hear frequently from my clients recovering from plastic surgery, especially liposuction. This is due to nerve reg...