Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Lymphedema Triggers - What Causes Lymphedema?


How Can I Prevent Lymphedema?


by Kathleen Lisson


The bad news is that there is no way to prevent lymphedema. Experts have collected stories from patients with lymphedema and we have a pretty good idea of the types of events that can bring on lymphedema - I call them "hold my beer" moments. To be sure, in some clients, lymphedema comes on with NO apparent cause, and some survivors can do these activities with no issues for years and then one day, it will cause swelling. 



Dana Farber Cancer Institute's lymphedema risk factors checklist: http://blog.dana-farber.org/insight/2014/02/how-to-prevent-and-manage-lymphedema/


The link to my podcast is here: https://overcast.fm/+JlsK6uugY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ditch the Itch! B Vitamins and Nerves after Plastic Surgery Liposuction

Itchiness is a complaint I hear frequently from my clients recovering from plastic surgery, especially liposuction. This is due to nerve reg...