Saturday, July 1, 2017

Does Eating Sushi Cause a Puffy Face?

What is Sushi Face?


by Kathleen Lisson CMT, CLT


The situation: on Friday night, my husband and I go out to a nice sushi dinner and relax at home. Maybe we get to sleep at 11 pm. Not too bad, right? Saturday morning I wake up with puffiness around my eyes.

What did I do wrong!

Yes, 'sushi face' is real. Eating a high salt meal like sushi rolls can cause a puffy face the morning after a delicious sushi dinner. The main culprit may be the sodium in the soy sauce.

Read more here: http://www.today.com/health/sushi-face-julianne-moore-names-post-meal-puffiness-t112729

Here's how you can reduce salt in the processed foods you buy at the grocery store -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ditch the Itch! B Vitamins and Nerves after Plastic Surgery Liposuction

Itchiness is a complaint I hear frequently from my clients recovering from plastic surgery, especially liposuction. This is due to nerve reg...