Saturday, June 17, 2017

How to Do an Morning Digital Detox

How to Do a Morning Digital Detox


by Kathleen Lisson, CMT, CLT


I have been forced to rethink my eating schedule because the antibiotic I was recently prescribed must be taken twice a day on an empty stomach. The result: I had been falling into a habit of eating after 8 pm at night and now I 100% have to stop eating by 7:30 pm so I can take my pill at 9:30 and have enough time to pee one last time before I go to bed. Super annoying, but it taught me that it's easier to change my behavior than I am giving myself credit for.

So I'm ready to use this momentum to challenge myself.

I'm going on a digital detox before 8 am every morning. Instead of rolling over and checking my phone, I am going to focus on completing my list of First Five Actions before I check my email and social media.

I'm choosing to focus on myself before I focus on the thoughts and needs of others.


My First Five Actions:


Hydration - drink water as soon as I wake up.

Meditation - complete at least a three minute body scan with my Bellabeat Leaf Urban Health Tracker/Smart Jewelry, Rose Gold Edition app. I can also continue with https://insighttimer.com/ app and then record it on the Leaf as Vipassana meditation.

Intention - Set my intentions for the day.


Exercise - (Choose your favorite! I like running)

Nourish - Prepare breakfast for my husband and myself.


Of course, my current habit is to stay on social media until I have to roll out of bed and rush to make breakfast, then stay on the Internet until I am squeezing a workout any trying not to run late to my first engagement of the day. These five actions will bring more value to me than looking at social media.

Have you ever done a digital detox?

Share this article on Twitter:
"Easy #digitalDetox - focus on yourself before 8 am" CLICK TO TWEET


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ditch the Itch! B Vitamins and Nerves after Plastic Surgery Liposuction

Itchiness is a complaint I hear frequently from my clients recovering from plastic surgery, especially liposuction. This is due to nerve reg...