Thursday, June 29, 2017

How I Organize My Pills




After I turned 40, my doctor suggested that I pay more attention to my supplement intake and recommended that I start taking Calcium, Vitamin D and Magnesium. I'm also taking a multivitamin and probiotics. All that means that I am swallowing a handful of pills and I have to keep myself organized! 

I store all my pill bottles in a shelf in my bathroom (it's separate from the shower, so it doesn't get humid) and pull them out once a week to refill my pill case. I have found that this is the easiest way to prep so I actually end up taking all my pills each week. I am still figuring out the best way to remind myself to take my pills in the evening - sometimes I don't take them until 10 pm! 

My acupuncturist friend recommended this magnesium to me.
Pure Encapsulations - Magnesium (Citrate/Malate) - Hypoallergenic Supplement Supports Nutrient Utilization and Physiological Functions* - 180 Capsules
I had been taking 'magnesium' in my multivitamin, but this type of magnesium is stronger - it makes constipation go away almost 100%. If I am not regular, sure enough, I go to my pill case and find that I've forgotten to take my pills the previous day.

I learned one lesson the hard way - get a larger size pill case. I tried a smaller pill case and it didn't fit all the large pills I take in the pill section. I like to have plenty of room for my pills. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ditch the Itch! B Vitamins and Nerves after Plastic Surgery Liposuction

Itchiness is a complaint I hear frequently from my clients recovering from plastic surgery, especially liposuction. This is due to nerve reg...