Tuesday, December 27, 2016

How do I use Dry Brushing?

How do I use Dry Brushing?

by Kathleen Lisson, CMT, CLT

As a San Diego Board Certified Massage Therapist, I perform dry brushing treatments on clients. In this video, I share information about dry brushing.

Links mentioned in the video include information from the Cleveland Clinic and University of Maryland Medical Center on dry brushing:



The Cleveland Clinic recommends dry brushing to promote lymph flow and drainage

The New York Times reports Dr. Tina S. Alster, a clinical professor of dermatology at Georgetown University Medical Center finds that dry brushing helps the lymphatic system "work better."



 The University of Maryland Medical Center includes dry brushing on it's extensive list of ways to reduce fluid retention. Read more here: http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/condition/edema



No comments:

Post a Comment

Ditch the Itch! B Vitamins and Nerves after Plastic Surgery Liposuction

Itchiness is a complaint I hear frequently from my clients recovering from plastic surgery, especially liposuction. This is due to nerve reg...