Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Should I Start a Gratitude Journal?

Why Start a Gratitude Journal?




by Kathleen Lisson

The past few years of my life have been life-changing for me. I turned 40, climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro, quit my job, moved cross country and changed careers. In the beginning of massage school I wanted to specialize in elite athletes. Around the time I was diagnosed with skin cancer at age 41, I realized my true calling is to help men and women with a cancer diagnosis, scars and/or lymphedema. At each of those crossroads, I found myself thinking 'who am I now and where am I headed?'

The answer to that question from that small voice inside of me has meant everything. I have discovered that I am more than just a reaction to what life is throwing at me. How I think about my situation can make a big difference!

Psychologist Shawn Achor "found there are ways that you can train your brain to be able to become more positive. In just a two-minute span of time done for 21 days in a row, we can actually rewire your brain, allowing your brain to actually work more optimistically and more successfully."

If you are traveling a path with a few crossroads of your own, I encourage you to explore the techniques that Achor suggests.

Learn how researchers got their results in this TED talk 'The Happy Secret to Better Work:' https://youtu.be/fLJsdqxnZb0




No comments:

Post a Comment

Ditch the Itch! B Vitamins and Nerves after Plastic Surgery Liposuction

Itchiness is a complaint I hear frequently from my clients recovering from plastic surgery, especially liposuction. This is due to nerve reg...