Sunday, August 31, 2014

Middle-Aged Endurance Athletes - Do You Still Chase a PR?

Middle-Aged Endurance Athletes - Do You Still Chase a PR?

What inspires you to lace up your shoes and train?

by Kathleen Lisson

In an piece titled 'Don't Look Back' written for Bicycling Magazine, Selene Yeager shares a big DON'T for endurance athletes regarding post-race chatter. 


  • Do your thoughts and judgements about your last performance influence your future competition?
  • Can you be proud of your all-out efforts or does all your self-praise come attached to criticism?


Selene also touches on a big question for middle-aged athletes - 


  • Do we still complete even though our PR level performances may be behind us? 


I just turned 40 and I haven't raced yet in San Diego this year - should I keep my old PR times from my 30's in mind or set a new baseline for each new decade? 

Tweet your thoughts to @kathleenlisson


Read Selene's blog post here: http://blogs.bicycling.com/blogs/fitchick/dont-look-back?cid=NL_BIK_1821914_BIK_08292014_fit_chick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ditch the Itch! B Vitamins and Nerves after Plastic Surgery Liposuction

Itchiness is a complaint I hear frequently from my clients recovering from plastic surgery, especially liposuction. This is due to nerve reg...